Get organized by:
Tracking Your Time: Where Does YOUR Time Go?
If you would like to monitor where your time disappears (in business and at home) then start by filling in your own Time Log for one week, ideally for twenty-one days. Within a short time you will be amazed at your findings; the wasted pockets of time, while you were accomplishing things that needed to be done, but you underestimated how long they would take. This simple exercise will be a great beginning to streamlining the first step of becoming more organized and more productive. FOR a Time Log Sample click here
BOOKS: Organizing, Strategizing, Self Help and More:
These are some resources which I have found very useful over the years of starting and running various small businesses. They can help you get organized and stay organized, too. Some of these may be classics, but they are classics because they resonate with many generations and a variety of personalities:
- Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern
- Time Management for Dummies by Jeffrey J Mayer
- The One Minute Manager by K Blanchard & Spencer Johnson
- Who Moved My Cheese” by Spencer Johnson
- Start & Run an Art Teaching Business” by Tanya Freedman
- Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to Temperament by Linda V. Berens
- Six Thinking Hats by Edward de Bono
- I am Right You are Wrong by Edward de Bono
- Do What You Are by Paul D Tieger & Barbara Barron-Tieger
- Treating Type A Behavior and Your Heart by Meyer Friedman & Ray H Rosenman
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
- How To Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking by Dale Carnegie
- Enrich Your Life the Dale Carnegie Way by Arthur R Pell
- Taking Care of Business by Heather Robertson
- How to Avoid Business Failure by Helen Beare
- The home-based entrepreneur by Linda Pinson
- The complete Book of Small Business Management forms by Dan Sitarz
- Avoiding Mistakes in Your Small Business by David Karlson
- Kick Start Your Dream Business by Romanus Wolter
- Launching Your First Small Business, by CCH Business
- Business for Beginners by Frances McGuckin
- Big Ideas For Growing Your Small Business by Frances McGuckin
- Cases in small Business Management: a strategic problems approach by John Edward DeYoung
- Anatomy of a Start-up: Why some New Businesses Succeed and Others Fail by Elizabeth K. Longsworth
Time Management Books Recommended by Tanya
- “Taming the Paper Tiger at Home” & “Taming the Paper Tiger at Work” by Barbara Hemphill (The Kiplinger Washington Editors, 1998)
- Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morganstern (Henry Holt, 1998)
- Putting the One Minute Manager to Work by Kenneth Blanchard and Robert Lorber (Simon & Schuster, 1995)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey (Simon & Schuster, 1989)
- The Procrastinator’s Guide to Success by Lynn Lively (McGraw Hill, 1999)
- Clutter’s Last Stand by Don Aslett (Adama Media, 2005)
- How to Get Control of your Time and Your Life by Alan Lakein (New American Library, 1973)
- Home Management 101 by Debbie Williams (Champion Press, 2001)
- Focus Like a Laser Beam by Lisa Haneberg (ASTD Press, 2006)
- Coaching Basics by Lisa Haneberg (ASTD Press, 2006). For link go to Lisa ’s web site: www.lisahaneberg.com
- Living the 80/20 Way by Richard Koch (Nicholas Brealey Pub., 2005)
- Run Your Business So It Does Not Run You by Linda Leigh Francis (Borah Press, 2000)
- Time Management for Dummies by Jeffrey J Mayer (IDG Books Worldwide, 1995)
Great post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I’m impressed!
Very helpful information particularly the ultimate section 🙂 I care for such info a lot.
I used to be looking for this certain info for
a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be
actually one thing that I feel I might by no means understand.
It seems too comnplex and very broad for me. I am having a look forward for your subseqquent post, I’ll attempt to get the
grasp of it!
Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the amazing work.
whoah this blog is excellent i really like studying your posts.
Keep up the good work! You already know, lots of
persons are searching round for this info, you could help
This excellent website definitely has all the information I wanted about this
subject and didn’t know who to ask.
We absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking
for. Would you offer guest writers to write content for
you? I wouldn’t mind producing a post or elaborating
on a number of the subjects you write with regards
to here. Again, awesome web site!
First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
I have had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out
there. I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like
the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints?
Hey there, You have done a great job. I will definitely digg
it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.
Hey I am so excited I found your website, I really found you by
mistake, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say many thanks
for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the
You are actually an excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing.
It kind of feels that you’re doing something magic. In addition,
The contents are masterwork. You’ve performed a fantastic feat with this subject!
Great site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find excellent writing like yours nowadays.
I truly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!